To actively contribute to the ecological, social and economic development of the communities in which we operate and in doing so, build a greener, cleaner, better, sustainable way of life for the weaker sections of society and raise the country’s human development index.
Our community initiatives are aligned to focus on:-
“RHYTHM - A Green Initiative by AWC Software.”
AWC Software has always been conducting its business activities bearing in mind its position as a responsible corporate citizen of planet Earth and in doing so we have been willing to fulfil the role of an enterprise working towards a better eco-system for its habitats.
Trees are like the lungs of the planet. Not only do they produce oxygen and remove carbon dioxide and contaminants from the air, they have many other socio-economic and environmental benefits like:
- Reducing environmental temperature: Trees cool the city by up to 10°F, by shading our homes and streets, breaking up urban “heat islands” and releasing water vapour into the air through their leaves.
- Conserving energy: Three trees placed strategically around a single-family home can cut summer air conditioning needs by up to 50 percent. By reducing the energy demand for cooling our houses, we reduce carbon dioxide and other pollution emissions from power plants
- Prevention of water pollution: Trees reduce runoff by breaking rainfall thus allowing the water to flow down the trunk and into the earth below the tree. When mulched, trees act like a sponge that filters this water naturally and uses it to recharge groundwater supplies.
- Providing wood: In suburban and rural areas, trees can be selectively harvested for fuel and craft wood.
- Providing a canopy and habitat for wildlife: Many species of trees provide excellent urban homes for birds, bees, possums and squirrels.
In addition to this trees can mask concrete walls or parking lots, and unsightly views. They muffle sound from nearby streets and freeways, and create an eye-soothing canopy of green. Trees absorb dust and wind and reduce glare.
At AWC, we strongly believe in maintaining and leaving behind a green environment for the next generation. To this end we have taken up many green projects in Faridabad (Haryana) & Noida (Uttar Pradesh) through RHYTHM, our CSR initiative.
Not only have we been planting saplings, we have also been erecting RCC guard-rails around saplings and have been carefully nurturing them to ensure that they grow into strong & healthy trees. In addition to this, we also have a dedicated vehicle and personnel assigned to ensure that these trees are watered and cared for during their delicate early years.
In the last three years, AWC Software has planted and nurtured more than 2000+ trees in Sector 8, 9, 10, 11, 12,N.I.T No.1 Market, Dabua Colony divider etc. region of Faridabad, Haryana. In addition to that around 800 RCC tree guards and 600 Iron tree guards have been erected to ensure that the saplings are safe. A TATA Ace vehicle was also purchased & two full time employments were generated for a gardener cum driver and another for a gardener only so that these trees could be nurtured carefully.